is an Engaging Storyteller
Her direct, inspiring, and innovative approach invites the audience to rethink their approach to their own tales.
She is available to speak at conferences, workshops, retreats, and as a guest expert on livestreams, webinars, and podcasts that serve high-level experts, small businesses, speakers, and authors.
Gather Your Story
ARE YOUR ASSETS COVERED? WHY BEING PREPARED MATTERS
All established thought leaders and businesses have amassed a valuable “body of work.” This content comes in all forms. Perhaps they are a series of blog posts, online courses, podcast interviews, social media posts, case studies, or actual books.
When these assets were created they were important… in most cases they still are, but you and your team are off to create the next best thing.
On the quest for the next best thing, you’re leaving some of your best work behind, and you’re left scrambling when new opportunities come up. Being prepared matters, and in this talk, you’ll learn how to make the most of what you already have so it goes the distance.
With her Gather Method™, Donna has been teaching her clients and audience to rethink their approach to their content and their stories for years. This presentation shares:
- Where to find these hidden gems and how to integrate them into our stories to better engage and connect.
- How to dust off your virtual bookshelf and recycle or “upcycle” your best content. Breathe new life into your stories, and create something entirely new that is fresh and targeted to the desired audience.
- The must-have marketing assets needed to pitch for speaking, media, and podcast opportunities. (Some of which may surprise you!)
YOUR STORY IS THE HEART OF YOUR BUSINESS
People remember stories.
That’s why sharing relatable stories that show vulnerability will capture the attention of the audience you want to connect with.
As an author or speaker, when you share who you are and what you stand for in an engaging way, it leads to connection, trust, and sales.
Your story is about building a relationship with your community and potential clients, not coming in with the hard sell. It’s about putting the heart of your business first.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- How to feature the heart of your business, and the most effective ways to share that story.
- The secret ingredient every story needs to stand out and be memorable and the power of consistency when sharing your story.
- Plus, the three biggest mistakes people make when sharing their stories and how to avoid them.
QUIETLY MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Tapping into personal experiences and regaling stories over and over can be challenging for people who are introverted and/or neurodivergent.
If that’s you, you may find yourself avoiding sharing stories and staying away from building a bigger platform for your work.
You know that sharing your story is a critical component in building meaningful, long-standing relationships, but it just feels like too damn much.
But what if there was another way? A way that would work for you and let you quietly make a difference?
In this session storytelling expert Donna Cravotta who works with speakers, authors, and subject matter experts is going to share:
- The best way for introverted and/or neurodivergent individuals to share their stories so they can skip the stress.
- The key to marketing and communicating your story on your terms.
- Why you don’t need to try to compete with anyone to build strong, authentic connections with your story.
PAST TALKS AND WORKSHOPS
- ASID NYC Chapter – Design a Social Media Strategy that Gets Results
- WomenCon – Panel Discussion Participant on Social Media
- She Leads Media – Panel Discussion Participant on Social Media
- Sohuis Insider Community – Resident Mentor on the topics of social media, PR, and content development
- Women Network/Burlington VT Chapter – Rethink Social Media with The Gather Method™
- Etsy Workshop – Social Media and Content Strategies for Top-Tier Etsy Sellers
- Intelysis Sales Meeting – Win Across the Board: 5 Lead Generating LinkedIn Strategies
- FastTrac Entrepreneurial Training Program – Ongoing Guest Expert
- Full Sail University – Using Social Media to Understand and Engage with Your Customers
- Frequent Podcast Guest and Guest Blogger on the topics of:
- Social Media
- Social Listening
- Digital PR
- Social Intelligence
- Content Marketing
- Relationship Marketing
- Small Business
- Women Entrepreneurs
- Single Parenting
“To say that Donna is a wealth of knowledge would be a disservice and an understatement. I am so grateful to have Donna as a key mentor for our community of female founders, as she elegantly explains complex marketing subjects in a way that’s actionable and understandable to female leaders and business owners. Donna is giving, compassionate, and deeply cares about the women she surrounds herself with. Thank you for everything you do for our us and the Sohuis community!”
”Donna Cravotta and I met at a networking event for Women Entrepreneurs. Her insights and approach to social media resonated with me so much that I asked her to be a Social-PR guest speaker for the FastTrac program. For over 2 years she participated as a guest expert and wowed the crowd every time.”
Former Program Manager
SUNY Levin Institute
“We engaged Donna to speak to our ASID chapter members. Most are not fans of social media, but Donna crafted a custom presentation, which was apparent and offered an entirely new perspective. She focused on listening and relationship building, these are skills we all have, but she exhibited how we can use the tools we have always used to build our businesses in an entirely new way. Fresh, engaging, and she is funny too.”
Phyllis Harbinger, ASID, NCIDQ, CID
Certified Interior Designer and Author
President, ASID NY Metro Chapter 2014/2015
Design Concepts Interiors
“Over the years, we have had a LOT of speakers come and present on social media and PR strategies. Donna has become my go-to person for this. Her message is so simple and easy to follow and do, it make the “job” fun. And the results soon follow. I recommend you work with Donna if you ever get the chance.”
BEST Coaches, Inc